OPG - Wardrop-CHA Canada Alliance — Nanticoke, Ontario
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) Nanticoke Generating Station has eight 505 MW coal-fired Babcock & Wilcox (B&W) boilers. Five Mitsui Babcock pulverizers supply pulverized coal to each of the boilers. The plant typically operates on a Powder River Basin (PRB) coal and US Low Sulphur (USLS) coal mix.
Wardrop-CHA Canada Alliance designed a steam inerting and pyrites removal system for the pulverizers at the Nanticoke facility. The purpose of the pulverizer mill steam inerting system is to provide a safe and reliable means of preventing mill fires and potential explosions.
- Preparation of cost estimate and project schedule
- Design of new pulverizer pyrites removal and steam inerting system
- Technical specifications and equipment installation:
- Instrumentation and controls
- Review of equipment specifications and contract budget quote
- Provision of engineering support during construction and pre-commissioning