First Wind/Reed & Reed, Inc. — Maine
CHA and CHA Canada assisted with the following projects at the Rollins Wind Farm and Stetson Wind Farm in Maine.
Rollins Wind Project: Due to the alignment of the collector lines being changed from the original permitting design of the project, CHA and CHA Canada reviewed the drawing and specification packages for code compliance, constructability, value engineering opportunities, and general industry best practices to return the alignment back to the original permitting design.
Stetson Wind Power Project: CHA and CHA Canada performed an arc flash hazard analysis, which included the following:
- System operating modes and conditions that can impact short circuit currents and arc flash hazard energy levels
- Arc flash hazard analysis study to determine arc flash energy levels and recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- Recommendations for arc flash labels for each bus analyzed in the arc flash hazard analysis
This analysis was conducted for the Stetson I, which consisted of 38 GE 1.5 MW turbines, and Stetson II, which consisted of 17 GE 1.5 MW turbines.
- Drawing and specification packages review
- Arc flash hazard analysis