BFC Industrial — Bruce Nuclear Power Plant, Ontario
This project constructed a new steam plant facility consisting of three oil-fired 150,000 lb/hr boilers, water treatment plant, fuel oil handling and unloading, three deaerators, and all equipment and systems to form a complete and independent steam and glycol heating plant. The contract also included a new Bruce site-wide SCADA system replacement with a Bailey Freelance System.
CHA Canada provided conceptual and detailed design of electrical, controls, mechanical, civil, and environmental systems as part of the design-build contract.
- Main equipment bid specifications
- Bid reviews
- Procurement recommendations
- Detailed engineering and design for all installation and modification work
- Instrumentation and controls
- Review of vendor drawings and documents
- Engineering and design support for the environmental consultant
- Environmental assessments
- Permitting applications
- Design of effluent treatment and holding system for Bruce Steam Plant boiler blowdowns, condensate, and water treatment plant effluent
- Establishment of new standby power diesel generator facility and distributed control system
- Integration of diesel generator controls and 13.8 kV breakers associated with the standby power facility at the condensate plant substation
- Upgrade of Sewage Lift Station D to handle increased instantaneous flow from steam plant sand filter backwash